Diageo creates the "Virtual Good Host Guide"
7 May 2020: Diageo, the maker of Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, and Guinness, has today launched the ‘Virtual Good Host Guide’, designed to provide tips to people planning their next virtual get-together.
Through a series of short animations, the Virtual Good Host Guide provides a range of top tips; from encouraging hosts to pick a theme for their online celebrations; to planning the perfect shared playlist; to reminding people to measure their pour when making drinks. Launched on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, the Virtual Good Host Guide builds on Diageo’s long-standing commitment to promote positive drinking through moderation.
Ewan Andrew, Chief Sustainability Officer, Diageo commented: “While we all navigate the challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, we want to provide tips to help people be good virtual hosts as they socialise with friends and family. This guide serves up great tips in an accessible format and will help people make positive and responsible choices about alcohol at home.”
Diageo’s Top tips for being a responsible virtual host:
- Plan a theme: get everyone involved
- Pick the perfect guest list: smaller can be better
- Make time to eat: food is your friend
- Share party playlists: keep the beats coming
- Measure your pour: drink better not more
- Not talking? Hit mute! Ah that’s better
- Mix it up with up a mocktail: cheers!
- Pace Yourself: savour the moment
The full Guide is available to watch below.