- Our Business /
- Corporate governance /
Code of Business Conduct
Code of Business Conduct
We are committed to the highest standards of integrity and ethical behaviour set out in our global Code of Business Conduct (our Code).
Our Code sets out what we stand for as a company. Underpinned by a corporate governance structure and robust risk, controls, and compliance and ethics programme, our Code enables our employees to make the right choices and demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and ethical behaviour.
Our Code is underpinned by our purpose and ambition to create the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products company in the world, and is supported by a comprehensive framework of global policies and standards.
Our global policies are applied within Diageo regardless of where we work or what level we are. All Diageo employees are required to undertake training on the requirements of our Code.
Our Code provides clear guidance on the following areas:
- Our personal integrity – trusted to act in Diageo's and society's best interests: responsible drinking; insider trading; conflicts of interest
- Our commercial integrity – guardians of Diageo's reputation: marketing and innovation; gifts and entertainment; bribery and corruption; governments and political bodies; illicit trade; competition; money laundering and facilitation of tax evasion; sanctions
- Our people – valuing each other and respecting others: health, safety, and personal security; discrimination and harassment; human rights
- Our assets and information – acting like owners: information management and security; data privacy and personal information; company property and resources; business records
- Our leadership and partnerships – proud of the relationships we develop: quality; environment; charitable contributions; external communications and social media; relationships with customers, suppliers and other business partners.
Read more about how we manage compliance or download the Code of Business Conduct in various languages below.
Our Code of Business Conduct
Code of Ethics
In addition to our Code, and in accordance with US regulatory requirements, our Board of Directors has adopted a supplemental Code of Ethics - download here (PDF 129KB)
The code applies specifically to our Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer and senior financial officers and is intended to promote honest and ethical conduct, including the ethical handling of actual or apparent conflicts of interest; full, fair, accurate, timely and understandable disclosure; and compliance with applicable governmental rules and regulations.