Your shareholding in Diageo entitles you, as a part owner of the company, to certain rights.
These include the right to:
- Vote at general meetings, either in person or by proxy (by post/via the web)
- Receive dividends on your shares (normally paid twice a year)
- Receive certain company documents each year, for example the Annual Report and the AGM documents
- Attend and speak at general meetings.
If you do not have your name on the shareholder register because you hold your shares through a nominee, your nominee will receive any company documents sent to shareholders. You need to make arrangements with your nominee if you wish to receive such documents and attend and, on a poll, vote at general meetings.
Our Registrar is Link Group.
Manage your shareholding online
Use our online Share Portal to:
- check the number of shares you own and find out their value
- register for electronic communications
- update your address and provide dividend mandate details
- access dividend confirmations
- vote on resolutions at general meetings
- take part in online share dealing.
Your Diageo share certificate is evidence of your shareholding in the company and should be kept in a safe place. If you hold your Diageo shares through a nominee account or through CREST, you will not have a share certificate.
The nominal or 'par' value of a company's shares is shown on the share certificate. The current nominal value of Diageo's ordinary shares is 28,101/108p each.
Diageo ordinary share certificates showing a nominal value of 25p per share or certificates for B shares can be destroyed as they are no longer valid.
Following the merger of Grand Metropolitan plc and Guinness plc to form Diageo plc on 17 December 1997, share certificates in either of the former names are no longer valid.
If you have a question about your certificate(s) (including the replacement of lost certificates or the consolidation of several certificates into one), please contact Link Group.
Visit our FAQs page for answers to common questions we are asked by ordinary shareholders.