Diageo North America Named in 2017 Working Mother Magazine’s “100 Best Companies for Working Mothers”
Diageo Employee Recognized as a Working Mother Magazine “2017 Mother of the Year”
NORWALK, Conn. (September 26, 2017) — Working Mother magazine today recognized Diageo North America as one of the 2017 Working Mother 100 Best Companies for its strong leadership in creating progressive programs for its workforce in the areas of advancement of women, flexibility, childcare and paid parental leave. This is the ninth consecutive year Diageo has received this honor. The 100 Best Companies are featured in the October/November issue of Working Mother and on workingmother.com.
In addition, Working Mother named Diageo’s Ginette Van Waes, Finance Director for the company’s Supply North America organization, in its “2017 Mothers of the Year” list. Working Mother awards this honor to employees who demonstrate outstanding work ethic, leadership, resilience and passion.
“Working mothers are an integral part of our workforce. It is an honor to be recognized for our work to create a more equitable workplace where working mothers can contribute their best,” said Alessandra Ginante, Executive Vice President of Human Resources, Diageo North America. “On behalf of all of our employees we will celebrate this achievement together and commit to continuing our efforts to drive a more inclusive environment for everyone to grow their career at Diageo.”
Working Mother Editor-in-Chief Meredith Bodgas said, “This year’s winning companies know the value of keeping their employee moms engaged and supported. They use schedule flexibility, paid parental leave and family benefits to ensure that parents can develop meaningful careers while leading satisfying home lives.”
Subha Barry, senior vice president & managing director of Working Mother Media, said, “As our 32nd year of recognizing the best companies begins, we are happy to see that the next generation, coupled with technology, have shown us how employees can be efficient, productive, effective and impactful no matter where they work. The 2017 Working Mother 100 Best Companies’ policies and programs have built loyalty among their employees that cannot be underestimated.”
The complete list of the 2017 Working Mother 100 Best Companies can be found here.
Here are highlights from the “Best vs. Rest”* data from Working Mother Media:
• 100% of the 2017 100 Best Companies offer paid maternity leave vs. 30% on a national scale; 97% offer paid paternity leave vs. 24% of U.S. companies.*
• A full 100% of the 100 Best Companies offer flextime for employees vs. 57% nationally.
* Source: Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) report 2017 Employee Benefits.
The recognition from Working Mother is part of a growing list of awards Diageo has earned for its commitment to inclusion and diversity. Additional recent honors include:
• Diversity MBA’s 2017 “50 Out Front for Diversity Leadership” list of the best places in the country for women and diverse managers to work for the sixth consecutive year.
• Ranked 19th overall Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality for the 10th consecutive year by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation.
• Best Places to Work for New Dads Report by Fatherly (2016)
• Top 50 Companies for Executive Women by National Association of Female Executives (NAFE): (2010, 2012-2017)
• Fortune and Great Place to Work® Top 25 Best Global Companies to Work For (2014-2016)
In addition to inclusion and diversity, social responsibility and environmental sustainability are core to Diageo’s values. Diageo cares passionately about people enjoying its brands responsibly, and reducing alcohol related harm in society through its own Alcohol in Society programs and collaborative partnerships. Diageo is recognized as a global leader in environmental sustainability and its progress and commitments to tackle climate change have been independently recognized around the world.