Who we are
We are a global leader in beverage alcohol with an outstanding collection of brands across spirits and beer. We produce an outstanding collection of over 200 brands – old and new, large and small, global and local – that are enjoyed in more than 180 countries around the world.
Diageo was created in 1997 but our business is built on the principles and foundations laid years before by giants of the industry – Arthur Guinness, John Walker, Elizabeth Cumming and many more. Today, we stand on the shoulders of these giants and, inspired by their ideas, philosophy and audacity, act with the same entrepreneurial spirit and determination.
Our ambition is to be one of the best performing, most trusted and respected consumer products companies in the world. We are in a strong position to achieve this due to our scale, the geographical diversity of our business and our desire to continuously improve our performance.
We are a business built and sustained through innovation, and developing new ideas is crucial to our growth strategy. We're proud to have more than 30,000 pioneering people worldwide growing our business and nurturing our brands, creating new products, new categories and new experiences for consumers.
To fulfil our ambition we know that we must earn the trust and respect of everyone we deal with. That's why our culture is rooted in a deep sense of our purpose and values. These values underpin our business and guide how we work.
- We're passionate about customers and consumers – our curiosity and customer and consumer insights drive growth. We care for our brands. We're courageous in pursuing their full potential. We're innovative, constantly searching for new ideas that drive growth, developing them across our business.
- We give ourselves and each other the freedom to succeed because this fosters an entrepreneurial spirit. We trust each other; we're open and challenging. We always behave as a team – when we're together and when we're apart.
- We're proud of what we do – we act sensitively with the highest standards of integrity and social responsibility. We enjoy and benefit from diversity.
- We will strive to be the best – we are restless, always learning, always improving. We constantly set high standards and then try hard to exceed them. We deliver results, win where we compete and celebrate our success.
- We value each other – we seek and benefit from diverse people and perspectives. We strive to create mutually fulfilling relationships and partnerships.
We have more than 30,000 talented people working together to grow our business and nurture our brands. We are committed to their professional and personal development, and ensuring that Diageo is a great place to work.
We have a diverse and vibrant workforce. We look for people with a wide variety of personalities, experiences and perspectives to create a stimulating and rewarding working environment where everyone can flourish.