Working with the industry
We are part of an industry-wide programme to encourage the responsible use of alcohol.
In October 2012 we were one of 12 leading global producers of beer, wine, and spirits to launch new commitments to reduce harmful drinking. The members of the IARD work together to actively support the target in the WHO NCD Global Monitoring Framework of “at least 10% relative reduction in the harmful use of alcohol” by 2025
These commitments cover the following five areas:
- Reducing underage drinking
- Strengthening and expanding marketing codes of practice
- Providing consumer information and responsible product innovation
- Reducing drinking and driving
- Enlisting the support of retailers to reduce harmful drinking.