East African Breweries Limited
East African Breweries Limited (EABL) is a regional leader in beverage alcohol with an exceptional collection of brands across beer and spirits.
Alcohol in society
We believe that responsible drinking can be part of a balanced lifestyle and we encourage people to enjoy alcohol safely.
We provide the information and tools for consumers to make informed choices, targeting specific issues and working to change harmful behaviour and ensure we can all #drinkpositive.
- In Kenya, our Utado? campaign educates consumers about responsible drinking by sharing tips such as ensuring they eat, drink water and take a taxi home on a night out.
- Our Under 18 Asipewe campaign has trained thousands of retailers, consumers and young people on the effects of underage drinking.
- Project Heshima operates in 10 counties and provides vocational training to thousands of young people and women at risk of consuming or producing illicit brews.
- In Uganda, The Red Card campaign against Drink Driving, has directly engaged over 5,000 people at supermarkets, gas stations and entertainment areas.
Our results so far
- According to Ipsos Synovate, our Life Moves On When You’re Gone ad had a positive impact on 87% of the people who viewed it on television.
- The campaign won Best CSR 2014 at the Marketing Society of Kenya Awards and the Sapphire Award at the African Cristal Festival 2014.
- Project Heshima has delivered training to more than 27,000 young people and women so far.