Our brands win top honours at the 2017 San Francisco World Spirits Competition
Diageo brands, including Johnnie Walker, Gordon’s and Smirnoff, were recognised for their exceptional quality at the 2017 San Francisco World Spirits Competition, the most respected and influential spirits competition in the world.
Feature 24 APR 2017
Overall, our brands walked away with 66 awards, with more than a third ranked Gold or Double Gold by a prestigious panel of spirits experts. Our whisky brands had a particularly strong competition, winning a total of 42 medals, including eight Double Gold medals.
Buchanan’s, Johnnie Walker, Lagavulin, Mortlach, Talisker and The Singleton of Glendullan were each recognised in highly contested categories while Buchanan’s Special Reserve, Johnnie Walker Green Label and Lagavulin 16 Year Old earned Best in Class awards.
Roe & Co. Blended Irish Whiskey, Gordon’s London Dry Gin, Smirnoff No. 21 Unflavoured Vodka and Tanqueray No. Ten Gin also secured top honours.
Deirdre Mahlan, President Diageo North America said, “We are proud of the distilling heritage of our spirits brands and this overwhelming recognition from one of the most globally-recognised spirits competitions is testament to that. We are particularly delighted that our Scotch whisky portfolio has been recognised with so many Gold and Double Gold medals.”
A winning portfolio
See our Best in Class, Double Gold and Gold medal winners below. Visit the competition website for a full list of winners.
Best in Class
- Buchanan’s Special Reserve – Best Blended Scotch – 16 Years and Older
- Johnnie Walker Green Label – Best Blended Scotch & Best Blended Malt Scotch Whisky
- Lagavulin 16 Year Old – Best Distillers’ Single Malt Scotch (13 to 19 Years)
- Buchanan's Master Blended Scotch Whisky
- Buchanan's Special Reserve
- Johnnie Walker Green Label
- Johnnie Walker Black Label
- Lagavulin 12 Year Old
- Lagavulin 16 Year Old
- Roe & Co. Blended Irish Whisky (Liquid + Packaging)
- Smirnoff No. 21 Unflavored Vodka
- Talisker 10 Year Old
- Talisker Skye
- Gordon’s London Dry Gin
- Gordon’s London Dry Gin – Traveller’s Edition
- Tanqueray No. Ten Gin
- Buchanan's DeLuxe
- Cardhu 12 Year Old
- Dalwhinnie 15 Year Old
- Glenkinchie 12 Year Old
- Mortlach 18 Year Old
- Mortlach Rare Old
- Oban 14 Year Old
- The Singleton of Glendullan 38 Year Old
- The Singleton of Glen Ord 15 Year
- Tanqueray London Dry Gin