Our Annual Report shows strong progress against our sustainability and responsibility goals
In 2008, we set ourselves a series of challenging targets to achieve by 2015 in the areas of water, carbon emissions, waste, and packaging. In this year’s Annual Report, we report on the progress we made against those targets, as well as our plans to ensure we achieve our next set of targets for 2020.
Feature 13 AUG 2016
Key 2015 sustainability and responsibility achievements from the report include:
- Year-on-year progress against all environmental, communities, and responsible drinking targets for 2015
- Achievement of 70% of local sourcing target
- 10% improvement in water efficiency, contributing to achievement of 30% improvement in water efficiency target
- Provided 600,000 more people with access to safe drinking water
- 9% year-on-year reduction in carbon emissions, equivalent of 68,400 tonnes
- 298 responsible drinking programmes in more than 50 countries
- More than 115,000 women supported through Plan W, our female empowerment programme.
Our 2020 targets
We now look ahead to our 2020 targets that draw on our achievements to date and our ambitions for the future. These are aligned with the emerging UN Sustainable Development Goals and focus on three key areas:
- Leadership in alcohol in society to create a positive role for alcohol in society through initiatives which impact misuse
- Building thriving communities to equip people, particularly women, with skills and resources to build a better future for themselves
- Reducing our environmental impact by making our products and business operations more environmentally sustainable.
Our 2020 targets build and expand on the foundations laid by the 2015 goals and position us well for setting up future milestones on our sustainability and responsibility journey. These stretching targets also represent a new holistic way in which we measure and evaluate our sustainability and responsibility efforts, focusing on impact rather than input, not only within our own operations, but across our supply chain.