Diageo brands earn top honours at 2019 San Francisco World Spirits Competition
Recognised for quality, craftsmanship and overall excellence, our brands were awarded a total of 101 medals including 2 Best in Class, 10 Double Gold and 29 Gold.
Feature 04 JUN 2019
Now in it's 19th year, the prestigious annual San Francisco World Spirits Competition featured almost 3,000 entries from around the world.
The 40-strong judging panel, consisting of some of the most respected and experienced experts in the spirits industry, awarded our brands 101 medals including:
Best in Class
- Johnnie Walker 18-Year-Old – Best Blended Scotch
- Lagavulin 9-Year-Old, Game of Thrones House Lannister – Best Distillers’ Malt Scotch, Up to 12 Years
- Buchanan’s 18-Year-Old Special Reserve
- Bundaberg Master Distillers’ Collection Solera Rum
- Game of Thrones Single Malt Scotch Whisky Collection (packaging)
- Johnnie Walker 18-Year-Old
- Johnnie Walker Double Black Label
- Lagavulin 12-Year-Old
- Lagavulin 9-Year-Old, Game of Thrones House Lannister
- Mortlach 16-Year-Old
- Singleton 12-Year-Old
- Talisker 10-Year-Old
- Talisker Distiller’s Edition
Scotch brands performed particularly well, winning 43 of the total 101 medals. Several medals were awarded to our American Whiskey brands, with Bulleit, George Dickel, and Orphan Barrel all securing Gold and above. In the Tequila, Rum, Vodka and Gin categories, 32 medals were awarded to our brands with Smirnoff and Zacapa each earning two Gold medals.