Tequila Don Julio uses only the highest-caliber, fully matured and ripened blue agave hand-selected from the rich, clay soils of the Los Altos region. Master Distiller Enrique de Colsa oversees the entire handcrafted process – uniform cutting, slow cooking, careful milling, fermentation using a unique agave yeast strain, small batch double-distillation, and artful blending – to create a consistent and distinctive rich taste.
Sold in over 40 countries, the brand range consists of six handcrafted, 100% blue Weber agave tequilas ranging from super-premium to prestige price points:
- Tequila Don Julio Blanco - The base from which all of our other variants are derived. Its crisp agave flavor and hints of citrus make it an essential component to a variety of drinks including margaritas.
- Tequila Don Julio Reposado - Barrel aged for eight months in American white-oak barrels, it is golden amber in color, and offers a rich, smooth finish.
- Tequila Don Julio Añejo - Barrel aged in smaller batches for eighteen months in American white-oak barrels. Its flavor strikes the perfect balance between agave, wood and hints of vanilla.
- Tequila Don Julio 70 Añejo Claro - The world’s first Añejo Claro tequila is the culmination of 70 years of knowledge, bringing the smoothness of a Blanco and the complexity of an Añejo together.
- Tequila Don Julio 1942 - Produced in small batches and aged for a minimum of two and a half years, it is handcrafted in tribute to the year that Don Julio González began his tequila-making journey.
- Tequila Don Julio REAL - One of the few Extra-Añejo tequilas available, it is aged for 3 to 5 years in American white-oak barrels and is the crown jewel of the Tequila Don Julio portfolio.
Back to top