Vodka is a category that has universal appeal and we continue to put a strong focus on innovation and expansion across the sector. One of our recent successes is the launch of Cîroc, a super premium vodka made exclusively from top-quality French Mauzac and Ugni Blanc grapes. Smirnoff flavours continue to be an important extension within the category, and in 2008 we secured a 50/50 joint venture with the Nolet family to sell, market and distribute Ketel One vodka – a crafted Ultra-Premium vodka with outstanding liquid credentials. Below is a selection of our vodka brands, listed in alphabetical order.
Top markets: United States, Brazil
Cîroc vodka is the world’s most sophisticated vodka. Made exclusively from top-quality Mauzac Blanc and Ugni Blanc grapes for an exquisitely smooth, fresh and innovative vodka experience. Cîroc vodka uses cold maceration, cold fermentation and cold storage and is distilled five times over.
Fact: Cîroc comes from a combination of two French words: cime, meaning peak and roche meaning rock. This evokes the Gaillac region which is one of the highest wine growing regions in France.
Back to top
Ketel One vodka
Top markets: United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia
Launch: 1983. Diageo started distribution in June 2008.
Variants: Ketel One Vodka, Ketel One Citroen
Ketel One is known for its ‘personality’ and is an Ultra-Premium vodka.
Fact: Crafted from small batches, Ketel One vodka is a crisp and sophisticated vodka. A Nolet family member approves every batch before it is allowed to leave the distillery.
Back to top
Top markets: United States, Great Britain, South Africa, Canada, Ireland
Launch: The world’s best selling premium distilled spirit continues the traditions of Pierre Smirnoff, purveyor to the Imperial Russian Court, 1886-1917. The production of Smirnoff Vodka as we know it wasn’t started in the US until 1934.
- Smirnoff No. 21 vodka - a classic Russian style vodka with a clean taste, light fragrance and cool finish.
- Smirnoff Black vodka - a rich and distinctive vodka, with rich chocolate aroma, big spiced flavours and a velvet rounded mouth feel.
- Smirnoff Blue vodka - Robust and dry 100 proof vodka
- Smirnoff Norsk vodka - pale blue and flavoured with Nordic berries
- Smirnoff Cocktails - a range of pre-mixed vodka cocktails
- Smirnoff Flavours - a range of flavoured vodkas including tastes such as watermelon, raspberry, citrus, passion fruit, cranberry, orange, cherry, strawberry, lime, vanilla and green apple
- Smirnoff Ice and its crisp sibling Smirnoff Black Ice - ready to drink variants that created an entirely new segment in beverage alcohol during their introduction in 1999
Fact: Smirnoff vodka is created by a unique process involving three distillations and ten stages of filtration to deliver smoothness and clarity.
Back to top